New for 2012, the Fox Racing V4 Helmet is gunning for the top spot in the MX and SX helmet realm. Designed from the ground up and currently being worn by Chad Reed and Ryan Dungey in SX for the 2012 season, the Fox V4 is strides ahead of its predecessor, the V3. With much-improved shape, fit, balance, and an extreme amount of venting, there is no reason why this helmet shouldn't compete directly with the top offerings from Shoei, Bell and Arai. Add to that the support from today's top Supercross riders, and there is no doubt the Fox V4 Helmet will make a big splash in the industry.
Check out some of the bullet points below to read about the upgrades, and stay tuned for our detailed video review coming very soon.
- Cheek pad design wraps around the riders jaw line to create a secure fit.
- Comfort liner provides a balanced, custom feel.
- 4 Shell & EPS Sizes for a precise fit (XS-S, M, L, XL-XXL).
- Dual Density EPS Liner: Anatomically correct, impact absorbing foam reacts positively to impact & widens the energy dispersal area (Firmer outside / Softer inner).
- Carbon fiber composite shell construction. Astonishing high tensile strength of carbon-fiber is a distinct advantage.
- Exceeds Snell 2010 & DOT Standards.
- DRY LEX™ comfort liner wicks moisture & provides a comfortable feel.
- Cheek pads feature a cupped lower edge design to mold to the riders face.
- 16 Intake & 8 Exhaust Ports are designed to circulate serious airflow throughout the helmet.
- 4 large brow/goggle intake ports pull air in & over the face.
- Designed & developed exclusively by Fox engineers in California to exceed the needs of the world’s most demanding sport: Motocross.
- Removable single mouthguard.
- Integrated roostguard.
- Aluminum visor screws.
- Screened off Intake & Exhaust ports let cool air in & keep the mud out.